Tesla's goal is to produce a full range of electric cars, from sports cars to mass-market vehicles â€" relentlessly driving down the cost of electric vehicles. It is currently the only U.S. automaker that builds and sells highway-capable EVs in serial production. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs and EV powertrain components. Tesla has delivered more than 1,900 Roadsters to customers in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region. Model S, the first premium sedan to be built from the ground up as an electric vehicle, goes on the market in mid-2012.
Tesla Motors is looking for experienced Service Manager(s) to work on one of the most progressive vehicles in the world. We are seeking professional customer service experience and excellent Oral and Written communication skills. If you are interested in contributing to an amazing customer experience, we want you leading our service teams. We are looking for self-motivated team players with a positive attitude! We seek individuals who value customer satisfaction. The service manager is a key contributor in the Tesla experience. The Service Manager will provide communication to our customers on maintenance and repair needs that are identified during service. He / She will manage the Store Service Operations as well as providing active technical support in the store. It is a hands-on management role.
- Manage shop team, parts operations and scheduling
- Performs Service Writing and counsel
- Manages warranty and cost savings
- Performs Master Technician work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and maintenance
- Maintain records of time, materials and work performed
- Order shop supplies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 2 - 5 years of Service Management experience at a Franchised Dealer
- 2- 5 years of Service Writing experience.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and an Associate Degree in Automotive Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3-5 yrs experience in a dealership environment.
- ASE certifications A1-A8
- Hybrid Experience a Bonus
- Factory Trained Master Status / OEM Training
- Certification to repair A/C systems and handle refrigerant
- Valid driver's license and insurance required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles including testing, diagnosis, HVAC service, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
- Knowledge of automotive equipment and servicing methods
- Knowledge of extensive skill and experience using scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes/DVOM equipment
- Knowledge of chemicals and lubricants used in automotive servicing
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
- Ability to perform daily record keeping and reporting
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals
- Ability to maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance as an automotive technician
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|