Service Provider Systems Engineer Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer you and your Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the technical activities associated with sell-through engagements with major service providers (SPs). Responsibilities will include presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution, delivering demonstrations of the products, training service provider technical staff to sell and support managed security service offerings, and providing assistance with RFI/RFP responses.
You will work closely with SPs as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues, and will be the SP's advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ TAC. You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
Extensive domestic travel within the North America is required.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience working with Service Providers selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches. Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Self motivated
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Robust communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Super organizational skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- Prior startup experience being one of the first SEs into an organization
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
||Atlanta, GA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED