Sheet Metal Inspector SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sheet Metal Inspector
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints and understand sheet metal part tolerances per print specification.
- Strong proficiency with inspection equipment such as caliper, micrometer, gages and experience with a Mitutoyo or other automated Vision System is a plus.
- Performs incoming inspection and disposition of all purchased sheet metal, mechanical to established engineering drawing requirements.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of Sheet metal per customer specification.
- Identifies optimum inspection tools/gaging, and inspection methods for sheet metal, mechanical components and assemblies.
- Monitors and manages the nonconforming material and MRB board review process for purchased parts, assemblies, internal line rejects and other nonconforming materials.
- Manages calibration recall schedules for all inspection and test equipment. Ensures compliance to ISO9001:2008 requirements.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Ability to work overtime, off shifts and weekends as needed
- Must be strong with 1st Article and In-Process Inspection of Sheet Metal Parts
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and with a strong working knowledge of ANSI sampling plans.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Control experience, prior experience with sheet metal inspection
- Must have understanding of Quality Management Systems (AS9100C and ISO 9001:2008).
- Requires specific and thorough understanding of quality inspection methods, good analysis skills and technical knowledge.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint ETC.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED