Shipping Coordinator Purcell Systems Incorporated
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Department: Assembly
Assist in preparing freight, scheduling pick-ups, creating documentation and performing other logistical functions to meet or exceed on-time customer delivery goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Review sales orders for pertinent details related to shipping. Work with appropriate departments to ensure accuracy and timing.
2. Process sales orders through SAP and generate packing slips and bills of lading.
3. Determine carriers based on timelines and costs; coordinate shipments from overnight documents to large pieces of freight.
4. Assist with packaging product and loading trucks when necessary.
5. Receive and maintain tools and supplies for shipping department; communicate tool and supply needs to manager.
6. Complete and submit all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Provide input on processes, procedures, materials, and services to support innovation and continuous improvement.
8. Complete other tasks, assignments, and projects as directed.
Education and Experience:
1. High School diploma required.
2. Minimum one year of shipping or manufacturing experience preferred.
3. Forklift certification or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire required.
4. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel as well as an enterprise resource management system such as SAP preferred.
The incumbent will be notified of his or her work schedule. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
The incumbent will primarily work in a manufacturing environment. While in the production area, employees may be exposed to occupational hazards including, but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc., and must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices. The temperature in the production facility fluctuates with changing seasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The job description outlined above represents the primary job duties and requirements of this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills, and is subject to change during the course of employment.
Location Not specified
Minimum Experience (yrs): 1
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
||Spokane, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED