Site Reliability Engineer Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Site Reliability Engineer
Zencoder | San Francisco, CA, United States
Req ID: NRQ
Come work on one of the world's biggest video software deployments. Every minute, Zencoder transcodes several hundred minutes of video, on hundreds of cloud servers, in multiple datacenters around the world, and we do it with consistently high performance. Brightcove as a whole handles billions of video streams each year. Your work will be used immediately by thousands of customers, ranging from interesting startups to major broadcasters. Customers love us, and we're growing quickly.
We're looking for a Site Reliabilty Engineer to help architect and implement the next generation of our cloud transcoding and ingestion system. You will work alongside a small but exceptional engineering and dev ops team to build a cloud-based video processing system that will change the way the world publishes video.
- You have worked in operations or engineering at large scale, and have deployed large systems in the past.
- You have experience in multiple languages. (C and Ruby are preferred but not required.)
- You understand the basics: Linux, security, CDNs, Amazon EC2, HTTP, web service architecture.
- You're familiar with data stores, message queues, and relational databases. You know the tradeoffs between Riak, Redis, Zookeeper, and Postgresql.
- You understand the principles of software craftsmanship. You write clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems. You unit test everything.
- Experience with video technology a plus.
What you'll do:
- Improve and expand our existing deployments and infrastructure, embedded alongside of engineering and dev ops.
- Help us scale our next 100x.
- Architect new products and systems.
- Design and build monitoring systems, metrics, internal dashboards, and other tools that keep Zencoder fast, scalable, and reliable.
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- Equity stake in a growing company
- Catered lunches every day
- Aeron chair and computer of your choice
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation help to the Bay Area, if needed
What we look for in all employees:
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough
- Excitement about Brightcove and what we're building
- Positive attitude and desire to work with great people
How to apply:
- Send us a cover letter (required) explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Include your resume, plus links to your Github profile, projects you've worked on, etc.
- Show us what you can do. Take a look at Zencoder's API and tell us one thing you would do to improve it.
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and participates in E-Verify.
<< Back to Current Openings
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services