Six Month Editorial Intern, Green HuffingtonPost.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Huffington Post is seeking a motivated six-month intern to join the HuffPost Green team starting in July 2013. This full-time internship is an excellent opportunity for a journalist with a demonstrated interest in environmental issues to learn about new media platforms and gain experience at The Huffington Post. We?re looking for someone who is well versed in environmental issues and news and who is always on the lookout for the next big story. This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works. Interns will be responsible for handling news production tasks, including creating photo slideshows and managing wires stories. Candidates should be quick learners, detail-oriented, energetic, efficient, good at self-directed follow through, excellent writers/copy editors and avid consumers of online media. What is absolutely required is serious dedication to detail, accurate writing ability, and attention to deadlines -- all while juggling multiple tasks at once.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Suggesting stories for aggregation
- Other general assignments working closely with HuffPost Green editors and reporters
- General administrative duties
- Searching for suitable photos to execute slideshows and other projects
- Reformatting pieces from partner sites to fit our system
- Researching, writing and copy editing short pieces of content
Requirements for Success:
- Very strong writing and editing skills
- Previous journalism experience is preferred- you must be able to write quickly, accurately, and well, all while having strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Internet junkies are welcome- the more you love devouring online content, the better. We are looking for the type of candidate who can spot viral content before it goes viral.
- Meticulous dedication to detail is key
- Experience using a CMS is preferred (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
- Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Basic HTML experience preferred
This internship is located in our New York, NY office, and although it is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, is a fantastic opportunity for recent graduates (Only December 2012 and later grads will be considered for this role). It is a full-time, paid role--40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr. This internship will run for six months, from early July 2013 through early January 2014.
About The Huffington Post: The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED