Six Month Editorial Intern, Style HuffingtonPost.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Huffington Post Style is looking for a full time six month intern in NYC beginning in July. Our intern will get immediate, hands-on experience writing and producing web content covering fashion, beauty and style. The intern will assist senior editors in all aspects of the editorial process including research and reporting; photo research and sizing; blog post production; photo shoots; and administration. Training will be provided on AOL?s proprietary publishing system, but some experience creating web pages and using basic HTML, InDesign, and Photoshop is a plus. Must have some editorial experience in print or online , and demonstrable knowledge of fashion and beauty. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast-growing site and a dynamic, fun team. A pro-active, detail-oriented intern will have the opportunity to grow and acquire solid real-world new media and fashion/beauty editorial skills.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Pitching and writing original story ideas
- Suggesting stories for aggregation
- Researching, writing and copy editing original content
- Creating clicky slideshows
- Other general assignments working closely with Style editors
- Assisting with management of the site's social media accounts
Requirements for Success
- Previous journalism experience and a love of writing is required- you must be able to write quickly, accurately, and well, all while paying meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
- Superior communications skills, both oral and written. A snappy, witty voice in your writing is extremely important!
- Demonstrated interest in fashion, style, and beauty is a must
- A curious mind who can simultaneously visualize the big and small pictures and is an avid consumer of online media
- Detail-oriented, independent worker who excels at multitasking
- Creativity is key--you must think outside the box!
- Proficiency with basic HTML is preferred
- Experience in creating/writing blogs is strongly preferred
- Experience using a CMS is required (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
- Familiarity with Photoshop preferred
- Experience with HTML preferred
This internship is located in our New York, NY office, and although it is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, is a fantastic opportunity for recent graduates (Only December 2012 and later grads will be considered for this role). It is a full-time, paid role--40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr. This internship will run for six months, from early July 2013 through early January 2014.
About The Huffington Post: The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED