Social Media Manager SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Social Media Manager
Business Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
The Social Media Manager will develop and implement SpaceX's social media strategy, increasing brand awareness, enhancing the company's image and reputation, generating inbound traffic and encouraging loyalty to the organization. This role coordinates with the marketing and communications teams to support their respective roles and missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
- Develop and implement SpaceX's social media and social business strategy, focusing on creating unique opportunities to engage audiences and seeking strategic partnerships with business partners and influencers alike.
- Manage SpaceX's social media communities and act as representative and advocate of SpaceX in relevant social media spaces.
- Oversee strategic content calendars and workflow.
- Work closely with colleagues to create timely, effective and highly shareable social media, web and intranet content (visual and written).
- Publish digital content across social media, web and intranet platforms.
- Execute live event coverage via social media platforms.
- Strategize and execute effective online promotions.
- Provide feedback and insights gained from regular social media monitoring to marketing and communications teams, with the goal of helping them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
- Create effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of SpaceX's social media programs, and analyze, review, and visualize effectiveness of campaigns.
- Monitor and capitalize on trends in social media tools and applications.
- Encourage adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture by continuously seeking and reporting best practices.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- 5-8 years of social media experience are a must, with a demonstrated track record of success (including significant growth of social media fan base and social media business relationships).
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes and multiple interruptions.
- Must possess strong project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Ability to translate technical concepts and ideas in ways that are appealing to the tech savvy and general public alike.
- Must be incredibly detail oriented.
- Exceptional time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Team player, with the confidence to â€œownâ€ their area and guide other departments and groups when necessary.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED