Social Media Manager eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
The Social Media Manager acts as the primary relationship builder with our communities of fans on sites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. He/she is responsible for building a strong, engaged community to help support our business goals, including building awareness for all product lines/brands, encouraging positive interactions/communications, engaging with content across digital platforms, and drive cost efficient acquisition of new customers.
This new position is a unique opportunity to build on the strong affinity our users feel for our brand, encouraging them to interact and add to the brand experiences of eHarmony.
- Conduct periodic assessments of the health of our social media communities, measuring engagement, size of community, participation levels, fan interest and performance against business objectives
- Launch and manage communities (You Tube, My Space and Facebook)
oÂ Â Â Create frameworks for determining when new communities should be launched for a specific brand
oÂ Â Â Make recommendations on timing, roll-out and objectives of new communities
oÂ Â Â Develop editorial and marketing calendar working with marketing, PR, online and production
oÂ Â Â Maintain and refresh all assets on all community portals, working closely with internal points of contact to gather key art and video assets.
oÂ Â Â Work with brand marketing to create an inventory of assets within each space along with a promotable schedule including asset expiration dates (this includes Mobile/RSS content)
oÂ Â Â Draft copy and optimize video tags & description to highlight promotions and drive users to our .com properties
- Grow our community followers, friends and subscribers within current social networks and by identifying emerging social networks and platforms
- Brainstorm and pitch âhooksâ for each social media portal and our fans, leveraging partnership and content opportunities with internal groups and external partners
- Recommend creative approach/strategy for social media executions in support of marketing objectives for tune-in and digital media assets
- Synthesize reports and recommendations for communities (and ad hoc reports as necessary) to describe community activity and growth. Conduct periodic community assessments with input from community members and eH marketing, online and PR teams.
- Manage Vendors and Internal Partnerships
- Manage agencies to execute social media marketing plans in platforms. Shepherd projects through approvals process. Ensure campaigns execute flawlessly. Provide reporting to key internal constituents and management.
- Managing the relationship/workflow between internal design agency and brand marketing to create custom assets, skins and graphics
- Conduct periodic review brandâs presence in platforms and engage platform companies in protecting brands
- Keep up to date with the general social media landscape and act as an evangelist in the organization for social media and the social media communities.
- Passion for the social media space. Demonstrated engagement and experience, including building personal networks of friends, fans and followers
- Solid understanding of all digital media community vehicles including blogs, wikis, widgets, RSS feeds, and apps
- Dedication to client service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of basic HTML & photo editing
- Superior Microsoft Excel and Power Point capabilities
- Strong understanding of web analytics. Omniture and/or digital advertising background a plus
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED