Software Architect Undertone Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
At Undertone, our mission is to make digital media, in all its current and emerging forms, work as a platform for creating brand experiences that build equity, community - and business. We call it delivering Standout Brand Experiences? and we do it by combining the best creative, context, people and technology.
Working at Undertone gives you the opportunity to shape the future of digital advertising. In 2012 alone, we welcomed 95 new team members to the Undertone family--and we?re still growing. If our values and aspirations fit with your beliefs, then we want to hear from you. Start your search today by taking a look at our current openings. Undertone works with end-clients, advertisers and publishers all over the world and has offices across the US and Europe.
So...why would you want to work for Undertone?
The real question is...why wouldn't you?
We are a small company doing very big things
We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems - and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this
You have the opportunity to work with some of the most brilliant minds in the industry
The digital/ mobile space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We've done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go - and now we need your help to get there
A job at Undertone is unlike any other you?ve had. You?ll be challenged. You?ll be inspired. And you?ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you?ll be part of something really BIG.
- Collaborate with the product, engineering and business teams to understand the requirements of future developments in our platform.
- Evaluate new technologies and software tools to determine their feasibility and applicability to current or future projects.
- Lead through example and mentor on best practices in design, modeling and coding across all the engineering teams.
- Take ownership on the performance, security, availability and reliability of the platform.
- Solid software development life-cycle experience and a proven record of designing and delivering large scale applications.
- Strong knowledge of software design and architectural patterns. Ability to serve as a subject matter expert for software and architectural frameworks, methods and tools. Focused on service oriented architectures.
- Excellent problem solving and programming skills; proven technical leadership and communication skills.
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails required and some exposure to other programming languages such as C++, Java or Scala.
- Experience with at least one SQL RDBMS and one NoSQL database.
- Knowledge of open source and cloud technologies.
- Strong intellectual honesty, with the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism, to accept somebody else?s idea when it?s better, and disagree in a constructive fashion.
In addition, the successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the ability to work independently as part of a team that makes use of an iterative development approach. The candidate must thrive in a rapidly changing environment and take initiative to ensure that projects succeed. This role is driven by data processing within an ever changing landscape that involves working with scaling systems.
? Crain?s NY ?Best Places to Work?
? AdAge Magazine ?Best Places to Work?
? Business Insider ?Top 100 Digital Companies?
? Jack Meyers ?Top Performing Online Ad Networks?
? OMMA Member?s Choice Award for Best Integrated Online Campaign (Long John Silver?s)
||270 Madison Avenue |
New York, NY 10016
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED