Software Architect (Platform) eHarmony
JOB SUMMARY:Â Â
eHarmony Inc. is building a team to work on its software platform that supports next generation applications and services that drive our high volume, public facing experiences.Â Be part of the excitement at a profitable, pre-IPO company with the stability and benefits to challenge the best in the industry. Work in a fast paced environment that offers a great engineering culture along with flexible hours.
Your challenge as an Architect on our platforms team would be to Design and develop Services, libraries and Middleware components for a multi-layered architecture leveraging the latest Web 2.0 technologies including Map-Reduce, REST, NoSQL and Distributed Messaging Systems, continuously pushing the envelope of scalability with the next generation of applications.Â In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Architecting platform components that serve the scalability needs of various engineering teams.
- Analyzing and driving key platform decisions, technology selections and providing guidance to other engineers
- Developing the next generation of applications using cutting edge Web 2.0, REST and Distributed Messaging System technologies.
- Establishing Engineering best practices and evangelizing them for all of eHarmony Engineering.
- Work closely with product management to help them define new product features, perform feasibility analysis and delivery estimation from technical standpoint.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Operations team to drive provisioning and procurement decision-making.
Â The successful candidate will:
- Have 8+ years of experience with 5+ years at a high volume consumer facing website
- Have Expertise designing and building for High-scalability in a Web 2.0 organization
- Have Good understanding of common Design Patterns, Algorithms and Data Structures
- Have thorough understanding of API design guidelines and best practices
- Be Fluent with programming languages like Java, Scala or Groovy
- Desirable to have experience with Hadoop/Map-Reduce, NoSQL and distributed processing frameworks
- Have excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Have Good understanding of continuous integration and deployment philosophyÂ
- Enjoy technology, be an engineer at heart and enjoy mentoring junior engineers
- Have B.Sc. in Computer Science or related fieldÂ
- Follows industry trends, has experience evaluating Tools, technologies and frameworks
- Desirable to have experience designing for the cloud
- Contributions to open-source projects would be a plus.Â