Software Developers Cogency Software
Due to our continual and accelerating growth, we are now seeking a hands-on Software Engineer for our Cogency Wisdom Platform and applications. We need a utiilty player, a generalist, a wearer of many hats. Someone who can navigate ANT build scripts and SQL stored procedures and XML syntax and Java code, and even mirror a hard drive or upgrade the OS - Someone who wants to learn and grow, and contribute to a fast-paced, challenging and result-oriented organization. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves to learn new technology.
You will garner a great sense of pride as you take ownership of all the loose ends that you find; as you work on build issues, SQL database issues, core java platform enhancements, custom reports and custom web-services for our product, which today is used to manage billions of dollars in financial alternative investments. Furthermore, you will enjoy working side by side with our close knit team of developers, professional-services consultants, and senior executives in a motivating, yet relaxed work environment as you learn about product, our industry and grow your career. Apply now and make an investment in your future
Cogency offers two weeks paid vacation, 401(k), and medical, dental and vision insurance along with employee stock options.
- Inquisitive, tinkerer, bringer-of-things-to-conclusion
- Excellent math, logic and analysis skills.
- Skills in: Java, XML, Microsoft SQL Server database. Windows System Admin
- Experience and interest in visual application development environment
- Self motivated, ability to work in a small team with minimal supervision
- Engineering sensibility, a CS or engineering degree.
- Desire to work in a small, fast paced environment
Some combination of these items, depending on the applicants skillset:
- Maintain and Enhance our build system (Ant, Maven)
- Maintain and Enhance our product bootstrap, upgrade, and migration process and technology
- Build enhancements to our patented application development environment.
- Build custom reports for clients
- Build web-service interfaces and Excel interfaces for our product.
- Document, code, test, document, code, test, document, code, test.
- Communicate with our implementation teams, train them on new features and processes coming out of development.
Cogency offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, disability, 401(k) plan, company equity and more.
||500 Airport Boulevard |
Burlingame, CA 94010