Software Development Engineer In Test, Applications Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We, the team that builds applications on top of Splunk core platform, are looking for a developer of test automation for our products. Successful candidate may join a project in the following areas: Enterprise Security, PCI Compliance, VMware monitoring, Hadoop monitoring, Web Intelligence, etc.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Develop rock solid automation infrastructure and test cases
- Build special Splunk applications that test production Splunk applications
- Find and file bugs in Splunk applications and Splunk core platform
- Write test plans
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Good programming skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Capable of technical writing (bug reports, test plans, test specifications)
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Passionate about software and solving hard problems
- Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them
For the right candidate this position can be converted to a senior (lead) position.
- Professional experience in software development or development in test
- Experience with GUI or Web applications testing (Selenium, Rational Functional Tester, etc.)
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware / Citrix), servers, file / block storage, networking (TCP/IP, sockets, switching)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle) and/or â€œBig dataâ€ technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop)
- Experience with systems-management-related platform technologies (e.g. WMI, Perfmon, Windows Event Log, UNIX tools like ps, etc.)
- Adept with regular expressions
- Professional experience in software/web startup companies as well as in big-company product development or IT environments
- Strong Computer Science background.
Education: Got it!
- B.S. or advanced degree in a technical field
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED