Software Development Engineer Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: This role is responsible for proficiently analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, supporting and maintaining software solutions including Terso Data Services; a feature rich hosted internet service product that manages distributed RFID based intelligent enclosures including cabinets, freezers, and refrigerators.
1. Proficiently analyze, design, develop, implement, support, and maintain software solutions.
2. Actively participate in the Scrum software development process as a Scrum Team member:
? Coach and support product owners in user story writing and estimating
? Define work items and estimate time needed for Sprint
? Report daily activity electronically and at the Daily Scrum standup meetings
? Meet or exceed Sprint commitment goals
? Visually demonstrate Sprint results
? Actively participate in Sprint Retrospective meetings
3. Work closely with the Information Services Team, cross functional business areas and external customers to develop software solutions to solve problems or improve efficiencies.
4. Work closely with direct supervisor to identify and implement business strategies that reduce expenses, reduce risks or increase revenue.
5. Review peer work and apply test-driven development for all production output.
6. Present status, plans, findings and recommendations orally or in writing, in a proficient manner.
7. Proficiently manage and maintain standards, file structures, security, and access for production and development systems.
8. Proficiently evaluate and recommend plans for adopting emerging technologies important to the company.
9. Proficiently resolve critical software issues and satisfy service level agreement objectives by working with cross functional business areas and external customers.
10. Coach and assist other software engineers.
11. Understand and comply with all departmental and company standards.
12. Understands and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support other cross functional business areas by providing input and analysis related to position.
2. Provide rotated off-hours (24x7) emergency and level three escalated engineering support for software systems.
3. Less than 10% travel, domestic or international.
4. Provide support for disaster recovery emergencies.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced small startup company on a small 2 to 5 employee team with frequent changes in priorities and assignments.
2. Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, information systems, or equivalent.
3. Minimum of 5 years experience and proficiency developing and supporting applications using modern object-oriented programming.
4. Minimum of 2 years experience developing and executing test-driven development.
5. Minimum of 3 years of effective experience leading or co-leading small 2 to 5 employee application development projects.
6. Proven effectiveness as a member of a small 2 to 5 employee self-contained software product team using an agile methodology, including extensive use of automated tests.
7. Proven experience developing, supporting and maintaining application software, including extensive user contact.
8. Demonstrable experience and proficiency developing and supporting applications using:
? Web Services and SOAP
? .NET, C# and ASP.Net
? Microsoft SQL Server
? Internet Information Server (IIS)
9. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server environment.
10. Experience supporting the operation of production software including scripts, proactive monitoring, starting and stopping services/jobs, backup and restore, etc.
11. Change agent with demonstrable work experience.
12. Technology aggressive individual who seeks to continue improvement of their skills and are interested in sharing their expertise with others.
1. Experience interfacing with Enterprise Resource Planning software.
2. Familiarity with SAP, Navision, an ERP system, and/or Oracle ERP.
3. Familiarity using automated build processes using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
4. Familiarity with embedded design and development.
5. Familiarity with RFID or EPCIS standards.
1. Ability to work with telephone and computer equipment.
Terso Solutions, Inc. are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED