Software Development Intern-Dublin Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Want to Work for a Different Type of Software Company? Join the Guidewire team.
At Guidewire, a combination of good working conditions, an excellent market opportunity, a rational and meritocratic company culture, quality software products, and a long history of careful hiring have allowed us to create an enviable work environment. Business Insider ranked Guidewire as the #1 tech employer in Silicon Valley for two years in a row. Find out why.
We live by core values every day.
At Guidewire, we value people at every stage of their career and try to minimize those barriers for collaboration. It is reflected in how we communicate with each other company-wide and on projects. Every engineer and consultant brings something to the table whether in the earlier years of their career or after a long and successful progression. We strive for integrity in all that we do: truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other. As we grow, our commitment to integrity has only increased.
We prize clear, rational and collaborative communications on our projects that is plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. You would be working on a team that is comprised of professional equals with a minimum of hierarchy. We don't place high importance on titles; it's more about what you do.
We know who we are. Guidewire is a software company.
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise, and we are growing to meet the needs of the market.
What will I be doing?
Guidewire is offering an internship program for the summer of 2013. The program is designed to give active
undergraduate college students an opportunity to work in a real-world business environment, writing software that people use to make a living. Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on.
As an intern, you will learn what it means to be a professional software developer as you work on projects ranging from tools to test automation. Guidewire is an Agile development shop: we do iterative development, break features into stories, work in priority order, encourage pair programming and more. Our focus is to make the highest quality software for our customers and deliver it on-time. We spend a significant amount of time focusing on software development as a craft. If you intern here, you will collaborate with developers, testers, product managers and writers while learning what it means to be a professional software developer.
If you want to write software this summer, we would like to hear from you.
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our development standardsâ€¦
To be considered you should be an undergraduate student of a BSc in Computer Science or studying for an MSc from a third level or higher education institution.
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent. However, experience and skills with the following will be helpful:
Other types of things that we like to cultivate â€"
- Java, or any modern programming language
- Algorithms and object-oriented design
- Web-based applications and technologies
- Application servers: tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Web Services
- Test-driven development
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems
- Accountability based on an earnest desire to do what is expected without prompting
- Kindness and respect for your fellow teammates. We truly do want to build teams that like to work together so we do hire team players who are motivated to be courteous and productive
Established in 2011, Guidewire's Irish centre helps meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire's products. The Dublin centre, now our second largest office outside of Silicon Valley, was established to extend our core applications to accelerate the delivery of critical new product functionality to our customers.. We use the same rigorous, quality-focused methodology that Guidewire's customers have come to expect from the rest of the core system suite.
- Join us at the time when we are building the team in Ireland into a world-class software development, consulting and services centre. Each individual has the opportunity to make an impact on the business and processes.
- In the words of Marcus Ryu, one of our original founders:
â€œIn starting Guidewire, our primary motivation was to build a better company. We wanted Guidewire to be different from other places we had worked: more honest, more dedicated to customers, more committed to quality. We would always tell the truth, hire the most capable people we could find, and foster a collaborative, high-performing work environment. And we would meet a fundamental market need.â€
- The mission then translates into core values that we live by daily: We value integrity in everything we do; an atmosphere of collegiality â€" we help each other to ensure customer success and operate as a meritocracy; and rationality â€" making decisions based on factual evidence.
- Work with an enterprise-class software product company deploying small, elite teams to solve complex problems in an Agile environment. Insurance core systems must be capable of supporting thousands of concurrent users, millions of transactions, and integration to complex enterprise IT environments. Moreover, they must have the complete reliability and performance required of financial systems-of-record.
- We work on demanding software engineering projects for our core system built on modern service-oriented enterprise architecture, with no legacy code.
- At Guidewire we invest in and grow our own talent from within. We send our team members to our Silicon Valley offices for intense training and certification in their first month.
- Learn more about Guidewire and our approach to building software at http://www.guidewire.com/about_guidewire/careers or contact our Dublin team for further information.
Closing date for current applications is the 31st March 2013
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services