Software Development Manager Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Seeking an Engineering Manager for a full time opportunity in Dublin, Ireland. This is a new group and we seek a manager level resource to lead and manage the software development team in design and architecture of advanced software solutions for development, deployment and continuous operations of enterprise applications. The Engineering Manager's primary responsibilities will be to build this team (hire / fire responsibilities) as well as leading this team.
- Lead and manage the software development team in the architecture, design, development, test / implementation support of Guidewire's applications.
- Ensure that this framework enables customer's application development teams to rapidly develop, test and deploy application modules with leading middleware and / or open source platforms on Guidewire's applications.
- Participate in the architecting and building of end to end solutions with the development team as well as work with Product Managers to gather requirements, drive design and specification, code review, review test plans and drive projects to completion.
- Hire and fire new and existing team members.
- Must have Software Management experience (or someone with long term experience as a team lead looking to make the move into management).
- Prior hands on software development, multi-threading, networking, security and data structure development experience.
- Leadership role in delivery distributed enterprise applications with large scale deployment.
- Practical experience with web-based application development platforms.
- Experience with software development methodologies, specifically Agile Development.
- Knowledge of Database design and query optimization.
- Knowledge of network design and infrastructure security.
- Proven expertise in the area of operating systems including Linux, Windows and / or UNIX.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services