Software Engineer - Android Homejoy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Homejoy is an early-stage, successful startup headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. We're a platform for connecting homeowners with high-quality, trustworthy home service providers - starting with home cleaning. Currently serving tons of clients in over 20 major cities across the U.S, and we're still growing really, really fast! We've recently raised capital from the world's top investors including First Round Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Max Levchin, Y Combinator, among many others.
We're looking to hire our first Android developer. You will be responsible for building simple, elegant apps to delight our customers, but your impact won't stop there. The software you build will have a direct impact on the lives of hundreds of cleaners every day, many of which use their Android phone exclusively to interact with our platform. Your apps will help them be more efficient, and get matched with even more jobs with Homejoy. Further providing dependable opportunities for our cleaners and their families.
- You think at scale
- Service-oriented, distributed web products feel like home to you
- You are a craftsman; you take pride in the clean code that you develop
- You get excited about hacking real-world business problems - such as how to simplify the matching process between thousands of jobs and hundreds of cleaners, creating a simple user interface while clarifying customer expectations
- You have successfully released apps in the Android Market (please provide names)
- Fluency in Java and Object Oriented Programming
- Bachelors in CS, or equivalent experience
- Startup DNA a must
- Web development experience
- Python experience
- Contributed to an open source software project; show us your Github account!
- Experienced a Homejoy cleaning and already know how we work as a client
- Very competitive pay, serious equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- New machine and other needed hardware
- Daily catered breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a break room fully stocked with snacks 24/7!
- Transit pass
- Weekly personal group trainer to help stay fit and healthy
- Fun team outings, including sporting events, happy hours, bowling competitions, BBQ's and pizza parties
- Relocation expenses (if outside of the Bay Area)
- Relaxed working environment; we won't judge if you want to come to work in your jammies!
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Homejoy believes everyone deserves a happy home. With just a few clicks, Homejoy will match you with an interviewed, background-checked and tested professional cleaner who maintains high customer ratings. And at 20/hour, Homejoy makes a sparkling home an affordable reality for many hard-working individuals.
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: Andreessen Horowitz
, First Round Capital
, Google Ventures All Jobs: at Homejoy
|Headquarters:||235 Montgomery Street #320|
San Francisco, CA 94104
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Homejoy is a fast growing technology platform revolutionizing the client and service provider experience. We use our platform to provide our clients with on-demand, high quality home services, starting with residential cleaning, at a fraction of the cost of our competitors. In our first year we expanded to more than 30 cities throughout the US and Canada - covering over 100m households. We've delivered double-digit revenue growth every single month, and every new market's growth tracks faster than our first benchmark market.
We're also focused on making homes happier. This includes happy clients and enabling the independent cleaning professionals on our platform the tools to grow their business. This also includes volunteer time and projects by our employees. The Homejoy Foundation takes this one step further through grants for the communities we serve.
We are backed by some of Silicon Valley's best investors - including Google Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, Max Levchin, Paul Buchheit and others.|
Support Homejoy with Social Media services