Software Engineer, Automation Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Software Engineer, Automation
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Santa Monica, Ca.
The eHow stack is built using PHP, Python, MongoDB and the latest HTML5 technologies. It is hosted in multiple datacenters and tightly integrated with CDN's to ensure 99.99% uptime. eHow.com serves millions of page views per day and our servers process thousands of requests per second. Our team of 25+ developers ship code when ready and utilize agile development methodologies. Code is always changing and while we rely heavily on engineers to test their own code we utilize a combination of black box testing and heavy automation to minimize negative impact to the business.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, Automation to assist with our engineering teams and practices.
- Test Framework â€" Design and implement key components for a large-scale next generation webcrawler and test automation tool, using Python, Redis, Django, and Java
- Automation - develop test automation code to support black-box test efforts
- Engineering - Interface with engineering teams to develop tools and processes to support a transition to continuous deployment
- Operations â€" Review error alerts and configuration changes across a wide range of production and development systems, and improve monitoring efficiency with automation
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years Python experience in systems or application development (not just simple scripts)
- Fluency with a wide range of tools for debugging, profiling, and testing web applications
- Proficiency working with NOSQL and SQL databases
- Comfortable and productive in a UNIX, Mac, and Windows environment
- BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or relevant experience
- Experience writing and developing APIs for Software as a Service
- Experience with Data Analytics, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Experience with Mongo DB, Redis, and other No SQL data stores
- Experience writing commercial code in Java, C++, C#, PHP, Perl
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED