Software Engineer (Big Data) eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Â
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more thanÂ 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
We are big on Open Source software and have recently started open sourcing some of our key projects, whichÂ can be found on https://github.com/eHarmony, in addition we regularly host Meetups for the Los Angeles Tech Community, with talks given by top technology experts. Videos of our Meetups are available at: http://talks.eharmony.com/
eHarmony is looking for a highly talented individual to join our Matching Engineering team! Every day, eHarmony matches millions of people based on deep compatibility, built on decades of psychological research and Machine Learning. Matching is the core of eHarmony, and you have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be right in the middle of it.â¨Â â¨
Your challenge as an Engineer on our team will be to implement and scale these matching systems, to support ever more complex modeling processes, across a rapidly growing community of users.â¨Â â¨
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Getting to work with innovative new technologies (e.g.Â Hadoop/Map-Reduce,Â NoSQL stores like MongoDB and Voldemort, AWS based cloud computing, SOA via REST services)
- Working with a matching system that creates trillions of potential pairings in our candidate pool (over 50 million registered users)
- Designing core back-end Matching components
- Coding day-to-day in Java, and other languages such as Scala, Ruby, Groovy, C++.
- Analyzing and improve the efficiency, reliability and scalability of components across the Matching infrastructure
The successful candidate will:
- Have over 3+ years of Java experience
- Enjoy technology, be an engineer at heart
- Have an understanding of common Design Patterns, Algorithms and Data Structures
- Be comfortable with a UNIX production environment â all Matching infrastructure runs on Linux.
- Have expertise designing and building for high-scalability, in space or time
- Good understanding of continuous integration and deployment philosophyÂ
- Live for an engineering challenge
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED