Software Engineer - BlackBerry Uber
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Uber isn't just about getting people to where they want to go - we?re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need.
BlackBerry adoption is strong, particularly internationally. Uber wants to support those markets with native BlackBerry applications that meet the same standards of design and quality we've applied to our iOS and Android platforms.
To build these applications, we're looking for more than just a talented BlackBerry developer. We're looking for an engineer who wants to own development and has a deep understanding of BlackBerry devices, UI, and interactions that can help us develop a solution tailored to BlackBerry and it's unique user experience.
- experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java BlackBerry application for BlackBerry 6.0 - 7.1.
- interest in exploring and developing native solutions for BlackBerry 10.
- experience developing on multiple BlackBerry device families.
- deep understanding of the BlackBerry Design Guidelines.
- at least one war story where you've been had by BlackBerry's complicated networking environment.
- experience collaborating on software projects.
Bonus Points if you have ...
- experience with application localization and internationalization.
- a github account with some cool projects in it.
- scary amazing debugging skills.
- experience developing location aware mobile applications.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen in style.
||181 Howard Street |
San Francisco, CA 94105
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Request a black car from the touch of your phone and it arrives within minutes. It's reliable (always shows up, you can watch the car's location on your phone) and convenient (credit card on file...no tipping). Transportation game-changer.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Benchmark Capital
, First Round Capital All Jobs: at Uber
|Headquarters:||181 Howard Street|
San Francisco, CA 94105
|Company Profile:||Today the UberC team is working to provide high-quality, on-demand car service booked easily through your iPhone, Android or SMS. Our location based dispatch platform provides elite, efficient, and simple car service using high-end sedans with reputable drivers rather than traditional taxi cabs.
Uber launched in San Francisco in June 2010 and has since expanded to Seattle, Chicago, Boston and New York City. We were founded by Travis Kalanick and Stumble Upon's Garrett Camp. The company received 11 million dollars in funding from Benchmark and First Round Capital and is seeing amazing revenues across the board. Uber currently has 30 employees, ranging from mathematicians, a neuroscientist, amazing engineers and some pretty amazing people on the Ops side. |
Support Uber with Social Media services