Software Engineer EnergyHub
EnergyHub is looking to add another passionate programmer to our team. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the software: the back end distributed system, database storage, web and mobile applications, and the tools that we use.
The ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in a modern programming language (almost any!).
- Knows their way around computers because they like knowing how things work.
- Plays around with embedded systems.
- Has built cool web or mobile applications.
- Has worked on a distributed, fault-tolerant, and scalable system.
- Agrees that "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins is the perfect soundtrack for releases, even though releasing software is easier than flying a fighter jet.
EnergyHub is a Brooklyn-based startup located in an old factory near the scenic Gowanus Canal. We provide a cloud-hosted software platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. Together, our partners have sold over 100,000 EnergyHub-powered devices, and we will be managing 1 million devices in the next few years. EnergyHub offers great benefits, including: company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents, 401(k), stock options, paid vacations, delicious snacks, foosball, and more!
As a team, we:
- Like the JVM, but love Python.
- Juggle data using the right tool for the job - SQL, NoSQL, or even a mixture of pandas and ipython.
- Scale horizontally.
- Keep a clean house using dev tools such as git and Jenkins.
- Are open to trying out new technologies, languages, and ideas.
To apply, send the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume.
- Why you're excited to work at EnergyHub.
- Some code. This can take the form of a link to any of your open source projects, your github/bitbucket username, a code sample, or an app you wrote.
EnergyHub provides a cloud-hosted software platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. We sell through a variety of channels: thermostat OEMs, electric utilities, and digital service providers. Together, our partners have sold over 100,000 EnergyHub-powered devices, and we have our sights set on 1 million devices in the next few years. We've raised about 18M of venture capital, and we're based in Brooklyn, NY.
Shipping Product Investors: Physic Ventures All Jobs: at EnergyHub
|Headquarters:||232 Third St Suite C201|
Brooklyn, NY 11215
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|
|Company Profile:||We are always seeking the curious, collaborative, and creative
Our team of engineers, designers, and developers are also artists, cooks, writers, and DJs. We are curious, collaborative, and creative in and out of the work place. Whether discussing circuit board design during gourmet lunch club or stress-testing the latest Android app on an employee's new phone, we like to solve problems.
We also live our mission. Most of us cycle or take public transportation to work. We compost in our kitchen and employ eWaste programs for old electronics. We continue to look for ways to cut down waste, from the shop to the front desk.
Are you an amazing developer, engineer, biz dev guy/gal, designer, marketer, project manager, basket weaver or dolphin trainer with the energy and passion to succeed Send us your rsum We may not get back to you until an opportunity arises, but hey, that might be sooner than you think.|
Support EnergyHub with Social Media services