Software Engineer, Data Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn's existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
We're changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to help us take it to the next level.
If you're passionate about distributed computing, multi-petabyte data warehouses and real time stream query processing over a thousand-node computing cluster, and are interested in joining a world class engineering team you might well be the person we're looking for. This hands-on role contributes to the organization's success through expertise in large scale MapReduce systems and advanced database architecture. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing and large scale data processing.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- ETL over very large data sets - design, implement scalable ETL process to collect and store large amount of data from multiple data centers across the global.
- Data warehouse query engine - design, implement our proprietary cutting edge Hadoop-based data warehouse systems.
- Stream query engine - design, implement our state-of-the art, high throughput low latency stream query engine.
- Collaboration on requirements - Work with the Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to come up with features that would help us and our clients be more productive and improve the bottom line.
- Keep it running - Help troubleshoot application operational issues.
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) is a must. MS/PhD preferred
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of relational or non-relational databases is a must
- Experience with Java, C++ or C# is a must.
- 1-6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Hadoop or similar, large scale database systems and processing or is a plus
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems and/or application scalability techniques is a plus.
Experience with Linux based operating systems is a plus.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED