Software Engineer, Distributed Systems Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn's existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
We are looking for an engineer to join the technical staff in our Platform team. This engineer will contribute to our efforts in designing and implementing the critical distributed systems infrastructure that supports our ad delivery system. If you're passionate about application performance, distributed systems, networking, and huge volumes of data and are interested in joining a world class engineering team you might well be the person we're looking for. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, and performance monitoring and tuning.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
Buzzwords: distributed systems, high performance computing, high scalability, replication, partitioning, messaging, millisecond response time.
- Build distributed systems - work on improving and adding new functionality to Turn's distributed systems backbone.
- Scale the ad network - work on tuning and optimizing the delivery of ads in a network with thousands concurrent events, unique data scalability challenges and advanced ad selection techniques
- Keep it running - help troubleshoot application operational issues.
- Learn and grow - learn from local experts and expand your skills and responsibilities
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver. And nice. We only have nice people.
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- Experience with Java, C++ or C# is a must.
- 0-6 years of relevant experience
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) is a must.
- Some experience with distributed systems, advanced applications building, large scale data processing or application partitioning is a must for senior positions. Relevant classes and projects is a must for junior positions.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems, networking, and/or scalability techniques.
- Proven skills in scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques are a must for senior positions.
- Experience with Linux based operating systems is a plus.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED