Software Engineer (Flight Software) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Software Engineer (Flight Software)
Avionics - Software Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Our Flight Software Group currently has opportunities developing software for embedded flight hardware using Linux and VxWorks as well as ground simulation software using Linux. We also have projects involving low level device driver development, communication protocol work, data integration with the International Space Station, guidance/control algorithm implementation, and fault tolerant system design as well as development of vehicle simulation software.
- Selected candidates will join the SpaceX flight software team, developing and deploying flight control software for the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launch vehicles and the Dragon space capsule.
- The team is developing a highly modular space vehicle software suite, which includes vehicle housekeeping; mission event sequencing; guidance, navigation & control; rendezvous & docking; communications networking and fault detection, isolation & recovery.
- Successful applicants will take responsibility for the development, testing and deployment of mission-critical software as part of a close-knit team of exceptional software engineers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field of study (PhD a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux and Linux Internals
- Several years of software development experience
- Extensive experience programming in C++
- Experience programming for high reliability systems
- Experience writing software unit tests
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- We prefer candidates who have a strong background in C++
- Experience writing software for real-time and/or embedded systems is also strongly preferred
- Experience writing software with real-time systems requirements is also strongly preferred
- Security Clearance or TS/SCI would be a plus
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED