Software Engineer III Appriss
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED DescriptionSummary
This position develops software for new applications and enhancements to existing applications. Analyzes, codes, tests, debugs, and documents all programs. Provides support to the IT, Operation and Implementation teams as needed.
o Bachelor?s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
o 5 years of programming and systems analysis.
o Solid skill set in Ruby, Java, Linux, HTML/CSS, Oracle and PostgreSQL databases.
o Customer-focused in both independent and team roles in a high technology business/area.
Helpful / Preferred
o Masters of Engineering
Functions and Responsibilities (?in addition to other duties as assigned)
1. Develops, implements and modifies new applications.
2. Analyzes problem areas; designs and implements system improvements.
3. Plans and executes testing of major systems.
4. Develops, modifies, tests and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized.
5. Modifies application software using customization tools to reflect approved changes specified by the users, to maintain currency standards, correct problems, to modify or enhance applications function.
6. Gathers and documents requirements from and proactively works with customers.
7. Develops internal tools to assist in the product design features, development and support.
8. Develops clear and concise documentation.
9. Completes assigned tasks in prescribed times with deliverables. Reports the status of projects and work assignments to CTA.
10. Proactively learns and utilizes new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
11. Represents APPRISS best interests professionally, ethically, financially and legally to the best degree possible in servicing clients and co-workers and exhibits a positive attitude in action, behaviors and conduct.
12. Contributes to a non-hostile, pleasant working environment.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
||10401 Linn Station Road |
Louisville, KY 40223
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED