Software Engineer in Test (Automation) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Software Engineer in Test (Automation)
Avionics - Software Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Our Flight Software Group currently has opportunities in the test, verification and validation group interfacing directly with a high-fidelity, hardware-in-the-loop test platform. The test team performs functional testing of the various spacecraft software systems, integration testing of both hardware and software components, and final verification on the flight vehicles. Additional responsibilities include flight vehicle integration and testing, testbed development and troubleshooting, and test automation development.
Successful applicants will be involved with all aspects of testing, from test plan development and execution to issue resolution to vehicle deployment. The ability to closely collaborate with both software developers and hardware engineers is paramount. In addition, successful applicants will be expected to define and implement process improvements in all aspects of test, including test plan development, test coverage, configuration management, defect tracking and formal verification.
- Contribute to a framework of Python scripts, tools and libraries that support the test process, including:
- Interfacing with different types of data sources
- Communicating with a wide range of specialized servers
- Real-time or automated data analysis to assess pass/fail criteria
- Translate manual testing tasks into automated scripts or applications
- Investigate ways of automatically testing the system by working with other test engineers, hardware engineers, and flight software developers
- Execute automated tests on a Hardware-in-the-Loop testbed and the flight vehicles
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Familiarity with C or C++
- Fluent with a Linux environment, including:
- Bash scripting and command line usage
- Linux utilities like tcpdump, netcat, rsync, ssh
- Experience with a defect tracking database
- Experience with a version control system
- Project or work experience with Python
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work overtime
- Ability to communication across all levels and disciplines
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED