Software Engineer in Test (Hardware/Software Integration) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Software Engineer in Test (Hardware/Software Integration)
Avionics - Software Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Integrate, qualify and maintain a high-fidelity, hardware-in-the-loop testbed
- Execute hardware- and interface-specific tests on the testbeds to verify and validate the flight system
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the testbed, including harnessing, computer hardware, software, electrical and RF systems
- Define and execute tests with the Mission Control Center
- Execute tests on the flight vehicle at the launch site
- Support hardware engineers with defining and running tests
- Support flight vehicle integration and testing
- Support in-flight anomaly resolution
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity with C or C++
- Fluent with a Linux environment, including:
- Bash environment and command line usage
- Linux utilities like tcpdump, netcat, rsync, ssh
- Proficient in a scripting language, such as Perl, Python or Bash
- Experience with a defect tracking database
- Experience with a version control system
- Experience building or working with embedded systems
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work overtime
- Ability to communication across all levels and disciplines
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED