Software Engineer in Test Shazam
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Quality Engineers
As a member of the Test Engineering team, you will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle, responsible for design and implementation of innovative technical test solutions and supporting engineering practices.
We value people who bring innovation, creativity, strong technical coding and testing skills, and an in-depth appreciation for our business. Most importantly you must have the initiative and the drive to develop your skills and help shape the future of our business.
To accelerate growth, Shazam is looking for a talented Quality Engineer. Shazam provides a fast-paced and exciting working environment. The right individual should have an excellent knowledge and experience in Testing and Quality Assurance as well as good programming and development skills. You will be a core member of a project team delivering innovative features and high priority bug fixes to the Shazam portfolio.
- Analyse requirements, specifications, and decompose complex systems to generate a testing model and strategy.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and stakeholder teams during sprint planning.
- Implementing best practices as advised by management and fine-tune automation processes.
- Influence engineering and requirements processes to ensure testability.
- Deducing test conditions for each acceptance test to increase test coverage using appropriate test techniques.
- Writing automated test scripts to implement acceptance tests and automating user scenarios and end-to-end workflows.
- Execute automated test scripts on different test environments and analyse their results.
- Reporting issues as they are found and providing developers with detailed information.
- Report progress accurately and provide estimation of task time scales as necessary to support project management. This includes test preparation and test execution as well as maintenance of the team?s solutions.
- Providing clear and concise test status report to the stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Assist in implementing test processes and procedures to improve efficiency and quality.
- Keep abreast of trends and emerging technologies.
- The ability to write clear, concise, well-documented code.
- A good appreciation of coding standards, design best practices and a keen desire to apply them.
- Great understanding of testing throughout the product lifecycle, both at code-level (unit testing) and application-level (system testing).
- Ability to prioritise work according to very aggressive timescales whilst maintaining high quality.
- Proven ability to come up with creative solutions to problems.
- An excellent level of attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- A thorough understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and testing and the principles and practices of BDD and ATDD.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation certified.
- Developing and maintaining test automation scripts and processes for mobile, web or client-server applications.
Other skills of interest:
- Experience in building test harnesses for automated test/monitoring tools.
- Up to date understanding of the latest developments in mobile native application testing.
- ISEB/ISTQB Advanced certified.
- Attitude is very important! You will need to be passionate about improving quality and processes.
- Value the importance of quality for the whole organization and not just to the application.
- Being up to date with the latest improvements in the world of quality assurance and testing ? blogs, forums, whitepapers, seminars, etc.
- Welcome a changing environment where last minute tasks / modifications are unavoidable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration, planning & estimating skills.
- Motivated and enthused by difficulty & challenge, coupled with a strong competitive nature to excel and be the best.
- Self motivated & self-starting; ability to break down tasks and define own work.
- Confident and opinionated.
- Team player - willing to learn from the team and contribute to the development of the team in the future.
- Focuses on the user/customer.
- Value judgement and common sense over process.
- Take pride in your work and enjoy what you do.
- Familiar with Continuous Delivery concepts.
- A keen interest in the ?second screen? experience.
Candidates must hold a valid work permit.
||Palo Alto, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED