Software Engineer In Test - VMware monitoring Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Are you a champion in finding code defects and design issues in software? Do you have a high bar for quality? Do you enjoy solving hard problems? Do you pride yourself in learning new technologies? Do you like to automate things? If so, Splunk, the fastest growing company in the enterprise space, wants to talk to you!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Enjoy wearing multiple hats and thrive in a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Communicate clearly and thoughtfully with coworkers and customers.
- Focus on getting things done while being process aware; maintain a â€œdo whatever it takesâ€ attitude.
- Professional experience in software testing or software development.
- Expert at coding in Python, Perl or Java (or development experience that proves you could become an expert quickly).
- Good at scripting in UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience with systems-management-related platform technologies (e.g. WMI, Perfmon, Windows Event Log, UNIX tools like ps, etc.).
- Experience with GUI or Web applications testing.
- Adept with regular expressions.
- Good at technical writing (bug reports, test plans, test specifications).
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Passionate about software testing and solving hard problems.
For the right candidate this position can be converted to a lead position.
- Professional experience in automated and manual software testing (unit, functional, integration testing, performance testing).
- Expertise with systems-management-related platform technologies (e.g. Syslog, JMX, WMI).
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware / Citrix), servers, file / block storage, networking (TCP/IP, sockets, switching).
- Knowledge of using REST based interfaces.
- UI test frameworks, preferably Selenium or equivalent, both writing tests and using them to solve challenging problems and scenarios.
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle) and/or â€œBig dataâ€ technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop)
- Professional experience in software/web startup companies as well as in big-company product development or IT environments.
- Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them.
- Strong Computer Science background.
In addition to resume and cover letter, candidates should submit a technical specification you've written, e.g. a test plan, plus two code samples (preferably in two different languages, e.g. Python and Java).
Education: Got it!
- B.S. or advanced degree in a technical field
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED