Software Engineer IV Appriss
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED DescriptionSummary
This position develops software for new applications and enhancements to existing applications. Analyzes, codes, tests, debugs, and documents all programs. Provides support to the IT, Operation and Implementation teams as needed.
o Bachelor?s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
o 5 years of programming and systems analysis in a high technology business/area.
o Solid skill set in one of Java, Go, or C++ required.
o Be able to think in abstractions and turn abstract ideas into concrete examples.
o Effectively communicate in a clear and concise manor.
o Ability to break down large complex problems into manageable parts.
o Excited to work with new technologies and create innovative solutions
Helpful / Preferred
o Experience developing software using Amazon Web Services.
o Experience with Agile software development principles.
o Experienced at defining REST interfaces.
o Experience in building resilient, highly available systems.
o Contribution or involvement in open source communities.
o Experience writing in Ruby
o Familiar with DevOps principles and willing to work in a mixed IT/SE environment.
Functions and Responsibilities (?in addition to other duties as assigned)
1. Develops, implements and modifies new applications.
2. Managing personal backlog of items.
3. Ongoing support of deployed applications (including on-call rotation)
4. Analyzes problem areas; designs and implements system improvements.
5. Plans and executes testing of major components
6. Develops, modifies, tests and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized.
7. Must be willing to use and possibly modify existing open source projects, including writing patches that can be included in future mainline releases
8. Develops clear and concise documentation.
9. Completes assigned tasks in prescribed times with deliverables.
10. Proactively learns and utilizes new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
11. Represents APPRISS best interests professionally, ethically, financially and legally to the best degree possible in servicing clients and co-workers and exhibits a positive attitude in action, behaviors and conduct.
12. Contributes to a non-hostile, pleasant working environment.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
||Louisville, KY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED