Software Engineer (LabVIEW) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Software Engineer (LabVIEW)
Launch Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Launch and Mission Software - This group is responsible for designing and programming the software systems responsible for vehicle integration, simulation, launch, and mission control. The primary systems are widely distributed, collecting data from multiple sources and routing that data to viewing and control workstations across the company. As the interface between our engineers and the vehicles, it is important that our systems can reliably and efficiently display the required information in an easy to use manner.
- Design, develop, test, and implement the software systems used to launch, command, and monitor the SpaceX family of Falcon Launch Vehicles and Dragon Spacecraft
- Develop applications critical to all launch and mission operations at SpaceX
- Provide on-console support during vehicle launch and critical on-orbit activities
- Assist with development and maintenance of all ground and mission simulators
- Maintain and upgrade the PXI/LabVIEW systems that control launch pad equipment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar area of focus
- Demonstrated project experience developing large LabVIEW programs using object oriented programming techniques; Must have used LabVIEW as a true programming environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of LabVIEW programming experience
- Must have a strong fundamental understanding of basic computer networking (TCP/IP, UDP, Firewalls, VPN)
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately in highly stressful environment during critical Launch and Mission Operations
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential; this includes following style guides, version control, issue tracking and code reviews
- Must be comfortable working in deadline driven environments with aggressive timelines; typical 50+ hour work weeks
- Ability to travel as required; travel will be less than 10% of the time to common destinations including Houston (NASA Johnson Space Center), McGregor (SpaceX Test Site in Texas), Cape Canaveral (SpaceX East Coast Launch Site), and Vandenberg (SpaceX West Coast Launch Site)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science strongly preferred
- Certified LabVIEW Developer and/or Certified LabVIEW Architect is strongly preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: User Interface Design (data-rich displays), Simulation Design, and Fluid System Modeling
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310)363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED