Software Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Enterprise Information Systems | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
We're looking for people who can wear multiple hats. If you like owning a project from gathering requirements to designing the underlying data structures to making an amazing user interface, then this is the place for you.
What else? Agile development methodologies, free frozen yogurt, stock options and the opportunity to help advance space technologies further than they've ever gone before.
- Design and Develop rich user-focused applications that allow us to track every step in the assembly of our Falcon Rockets and Dragon Spacecraft.
- Develop mobile web applications that allow our engineers to unchain themselves from their desktops and perform their functions directly on our 550,000 sq ft production facility.
- Work with engineering and production staff to understand how they perform the functions of their job; use this knowledge to create applications that make their lives easier.
- Be creative. Take a traditionally mundane application, such as an Inventory Tracking System, into the 21st century -- add 3D modeling, touch interfaces, photo capture, drag-and-drop functionality, geo-tagging, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or raw knowledge sharpened over years of self-pursuit
- At least 2 years of experience designing and coding web based applications
- Strong coding skills in one or more language (C#, Ruby, Java, Python, Django, PHP, C++, Obj-C, etc.)
- Prior experience with the Microsoft web stack or a strong willingness to learn
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to get things done in a fast paced startup culture
- Strong team skills with the ability to work closely with and mentor other engineers
- Passion for advancing space technologies and exploration
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to help define and document requirements for various projects
Team and Fit
- Experience with the Microsoft web stack -- C#, ASP.Net, SQL and Windows Server
- Experience with iOS or GWT mobile applications development
The Enterprise Information Systems team is a small group of overachievers servicing a large company of rocket scientists. Both the team and company have a startup vibe to them. We pride ourselves on rising to the many challenges and executing flawlessly. We invest in latest testing innovations, and focus heavily on automation. We have a strong, people-oriented, manager who will invest in you and value your contributions.
We encourage our team to be entrepreneurial and drive innovation into our processes and software products. We work in small teams that will give you opportunities for high impact and visibility. You will have many opportunities to grow and develop your career.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||McGregor, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED