Software Engineer e-Corp English
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Software Engineer for Fast-Growing Online Education Startup
Are you looking for a new challenge in your career, the opportunity to have a big impact and be part of a great development team at an exciting, stable startup with US and international operations Do you eat SQL for breakfast, breathe JQuery for fun, and sleep with an OReilly book on your nightstand
eCorpEnglish, Vermonts most exciting startup is looking for an experienced software engineer to help architect and build our market-leading suite of English-language training software for international workers. Founded in 2007, we have brand-name clients like Google, UPS, Toyota, AXA and BNP Paribas. Were a well-funded company with strong revenues and growing fast, have a new custom-built office with developer-friendly spaces, and are offering a great leadership role for the right person.
About This Role
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help take eCorpEnglish to the next level of growth. From working with the Tech Lead to architect our products, to developing both customer-facing and internal web-based software, to collaborating with our Product Manager and Designer to build a product that meets the needs of users, this is a role with a variety of opportunities. This position is based at our headquarters in Middlebury, VT, and reports to our Tech Lead / Architect.
- Collaborate in strategic and tactical sessions with Product Management, Design, Operations and engineering management.
- Help set, and adhere to, standards to ensure development of high quality code that is functional, maintainable, efficient, and elegant, following the appropriate design patterns.
- Re-factor and improve existing functionality, and build new systems from scratch, as appropriate. Develop unit tests and assist QA as needed.
Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 2+ years developing web-based and/or traditional applications; mobile experience preferred
- Familiarity with development platforms such as Java, .NET, PHP, RoR, etc.
- Strong software design and architecture skills, i18n experience strongly desired
- Experience with Agile development a plus
- Direct experience working with relational databases
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms a plus
- Ability and interest to closely collaborate with a wide range of people to understand business needs and requirements
- Strong sense of self-motivation and proactively contributing to ensure the teams success
- Understanding of User Experience, Marketing, SEO, Optimization/A/B Testing a plus
- Positive attitude, belief in our ability to realize a big vision, respect for coworkers, and willingness to pitch in (e.g. sometimes working odd hours to collaborate with people in different time zones and meet deadlines)
- Basic knowledge of French, Chinese or another language a bonus
Compensation and Benefits
- competitive salary commensurate with experience
- full benefits package
- modern, freshly renovated office space including developer-friendly workspaces and onsite cafeteria
- a top-notch emerging company culture: Supportive, open, fast-paced, constantly changing due to growth and opportunities, strong team spirit, no tolerance for back-biting, focus on world communication, and excellence in all that we do
||Middlebury, VT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED