Software Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared! We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Santa Monica, Ca.
We are hiring key positions in our applied sciences and algorithms team to build our data platform systems to drive our data strategy. The company's success is predicated on our ability to relate our content to our users needs and optimize that experience. Qualified candidates will understand audience mining, content feature extraction, predictive analysis, clustering/classification, advanced IR techniques and practical applications of the data to achieve business advantage and revenue goals.
- Extract and model optimal features from our audience, content, performance and web buzz indices.
- Apply your advanced algorithm design techniques to optimize user interaction, content creation, content delivery and user prediction.
- Implement the algorithms into production systems with measurable results.
- Iterate to improve and refine results.
- Bring new algorithms, approaches and tools to the table in this fast paced and constantly changing discipline.
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
- Experience with small and large scale advanced data mining techniques.
- Team based collaborative development process and implementations.
- Experience delivering production algorithms with measurable revenue return a plus.
- Experience with one of Python, Java, C++, C, Linux in a production environment.
- Experience with open source â€œbig dataâ€ components such as Hadoop, hBase, Hive, Pig, etc. a plus.
- Experience with statistical packages like â€œRâ€ or Matlab a plus.
- BS in one of: CS, EE, Math or Physics required. MS or PhD a plus!
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED