Software Engineer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more thanÂ 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
In this position, you will:
- Develop applications for a high volume consumer website for a high-profile, nationally recognized, very profitable, internet company
- Get to learn about and utilize new innovative new technologies (e.g. noSQL, Cassandra, Map Reduce,Â Project Voldemort, cloud computing)
- Code day-to-day in Java, and other languages too (Ruby, Groovy, â¦)
- Develop the next generation of applications using cutting edge Web 2.0, SOA and Event Based technologies.
- Work with leading platforms including Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, Weblogic, and Oracle.
- Work closely with product management in defining new product features and specifications
Â The successful candidate will have:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science from top tier university
- Be excited about designing and building for high-scalability, in space or time
- Enjoy everything about technology, be an engineer at heart
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-effort, dynamic work environment
- Fast learner of new and emerging technologies
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED