Software Engineer, Server Development Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn's existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it's like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is expanding its ad serving platform into new territories and new channels, and is looking for talented software engineers to join a growing, dedicated team.
We are seeking a software engineer with a sharp mind and knack for writing well-designed, highly performant/scalable, and fault-tolerant server code to handle 75 billion daily server-to-server requests. The role involves developing and designing features and new interfaces in collaboration with internal Product Management and other development and operational Engineering teams. Prior ad serving experience is not required.
- Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large amount of requests per second
- Build and scale internet-facing ad serving components
- Expand product features into new channels (mobile, video, social, etc.)
- Implement new server interfaces for use by Turn's technology partners
- Learn and grow your technical skill sets and industry knowledge from local experts
- 5+ years programming Java or similar object-oriented language
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Tomcat) , server-side development, performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Understanding of HTTP request/response structures and lifecycle
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread safety
- Detail oriented, meticulous, well organized, and articulate
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of common data formats (XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers, etc.)
- Familiarity with video standards (e.g. VAST and VPAID) and online video players
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED