Software Engineer - Server (SF or Cupertino) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Sustaining Engineering team continually improves the product based on requirements and defects reported by customers. This team is the main interface to engineering from the support organization. This team takes over the code-base after a major release of the product. We are looking for a software engineer who can look at large bodies of complex code, identify problems and implement solutions for rapid delivery to our customers.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Investigate and implement fix to resolve product defects in the server components in an efficient and responsive manner
- Implement minor enhancements requested by customers from requirements gathering through delivery
- Manage escalations from high profile customers and provide high quality timely solutions
- Dive into the intricacies of data acquisition, transformation, transfer, persistence and retrieval logic and rapidly deliver solution
- Engage in design and code review of the product, and leverage the service experience to proactively prevent future problems
- Provide guidance on how to make code maintainable and product serviceable
- Design and implement tools to help support engineers diagnose problems thereby reducing time to resolution
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
Education: Got it!
- 5+ years of experience in developing server-side data centric applications
- Ability to jump into unfamiliar code, identify root cause of defects, and develop fix, at times doing unobtrusive re-implementations or re-factorings to accomplish the goal
- Expertise in working on highly-scalable multi-threaded systems involving network communication and protocols
- C/C++ experience is required and Multi-platform experience is a plus
- Experience with various debugging tools such as gdb, dbx, dtrace, truss, strace
- General systems, applications and network administration experience is also a plus
- Knowledgeable on best practices in making products reliable and serviceable
Bachelors / Masters or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, and office in Cupertino, and offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED