Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit
JOB POSITION: Software Engineer, Systems
JOB LOCATION: St. Paul, MN
JOB SUMMARY: The position of Systems Software Engineer requires the ability to assess new technologies, perform engineering tasks in development and QA environments to ensure that a GA-ready product is available, and act as first tier Subject Matter Expert support in troubleshooting situations. The position's responsibilities include analysis, design, programming, unit and integration testing of new or existing products/systems. Position requires the ability to execute systems development projects with minimal technical direction.
· Design, Code, Test, Document software
· Ability to work in a large and complex software environment.
· Design and document internal and/or external functionality.
· Analyze impact and dependencies of the product or feature on other areas of the system.
· Develop code using appropriate development standards.
· Perform unit testing of the code and perform integration level testing with other features or products in the system.
· Document changes required for the deliverable product (manuals, release notes, etc.).
· Provide technical expertise to the application development and customer support organizations.
· Estimate level of effort to complete design, implementation, and development testing.
· Work cooperatively and supportively within a programming team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· BS in Computer Science or related field with comparable experience
· 2-4 years Java development experience
· Strong programming skills using Java
· Proficient problem solving and research skills
· Strong analytical and technical skills
· Self-motivation and discipline, ability to multi-task
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
preferred skills & KNOWLEDGE:
· Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design and programming methodologies and tools
· Experience evaluating/working with open source solutions
· Lucene knowledge/experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at