Software Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We're looking for a strong hands-on and passionate software engineer to design, develop and automate tests that will ensure the highest level of service for Splunk Storm, Splunk's new cloud-based offering. The service allows customers of platform as a service provider (PaaS) and other cloud based services to quickly troubleshoot their applications and build real-time analytical dashboards, which deliver â€œOperational Intelligenceâ€. Learn more at http://www.splunkstorm.com.
This is an opportunity to be part of team that is using the newest technologies to build a multi-tenant, horizontally scaled version of Splunk for thousands of concurrent users.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Take ownership of all quality aspects for a given area of functionality or feature
- Work on defining test plans, specifications and sign-off criterion for highest quality
- Identify and analyze root cause of defects, regressions and risks for a release
- Work closely with development, design and product to ensure good testing coverage
- Identify and promote product improvements for increased testability and usability
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner, a good team player with a â€œcan doâ€ attitude
Education: Got it!
- 2+ years industry experience
- Must have experience testing hosted web services
- Must have solid programming knowledge/experience, preferably in Python and Ruby
- Must have experience with cloud services like EC2 or S3
- Familiarity with Puppet or Opscode technologies
- Exposure to Django, Git, Mercurial, Chef, memcache a plus
- Experience testing web services like REST a plus
- Expertise in unit, functional and API testing
- Experience using UI automation frameworks preferably Selenium
- Experience in shell scripting using bash
- Experience using continuous integration tools like Bamboo, Jenkins
- Multi-platform experience, especially on Linux/Unix platforms, and Windows
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED