Software Engineer- Virtualization and Big Data Apps Splunk
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We're looking for an innovative software engineer to design, develop, test, and maintain Apps for Splunk, especially in the Big Data space. Splunk Apps are Analytics applications built on top of the core Splunk engine. You will be required to become an expert at applying Splunk technology to a wide array of analytic problems in the Big Data/cluster technology space. To you, Splunk is the ultimate hammer, and everything is a nail. You'll work closely with Core Engineering and the field to productize solutions created from a variety of sources, and develop unique solutions to address customer needs.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Develop, maintain, enhance Apps built on top of Splunk for a variety of analytic solutions
- Work with other engineers and organizations to accomplish this
- Design and implement new dashboards, charts/graphs, reports and customized UI
- Ensure Apps work as new platform versions get released
- Enhance Apps leveraging new functionality in new platform versions
- Ensure Apps are tested and robust
- Create clear and concise technical engineering documentation
- 2+ years of industry experience preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, to ensure consistency and adherence to standards
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to write concise and helpful documentation
- Dedication to testing as an essential part of software engineering practice
- Ability to implement elegant solutions to complex problems
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects and work with diverse set of customers
- Experience with CSS/HTML/JS
- Experience with various scripting languages like Python, Ruby desirable
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Experience with working in a Hadoop/Cassandra like cluster environment is a plus
Education: Got it!
Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more. Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data! Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world. We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€. This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready? To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.