Software Engineering Intern eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
eHarmony is looking for a highly talented intern to join our Matching Engineering team for the summer! Every day, eHarmony matches millions of people based on deep compatibility, built on psychological research and advance machine learning techniques. Matching is the core of eHarmony, and you have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be right in the middle of it.
Your challenge as an intern on our team will be to implement and scale Real time and Map Reduce based image processing systems that facilitate image feature extraction to support complex modeling processes across a rapidly growing community of eHarmony users.
In this position, you will be:
- Building image processing systems that supports image feature extraction on millions of images in near Real time and Batched mode leveraging several Open source and third party libraries implemented in various languages
- Getting to work with innovative new technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Map Reduce, Project Voldemort, cloud computing and NoSQL)
- Working with a matching system that creates trillions of potential pairings in our candidate pool (over 45 million registered users)
- Coding day-to-day in Java, C/C++ and other languages such as Ruby, Groovy, Python, etc.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Computer Vision and Image processing background
- Enjoy technology - be an engineer/coder at heart
- Have a firm understanding of common Algorithms and Data Structures
- Be comfortable in a UNIX environment â all Matching infrastructure runs on Linux.
- Live for an engineering challenge
- Currently enrolled in a PhD. or MS in Computer Science program or related field
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED