Software QA Automation Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Software QA Automation Engineer
Quality Assurance | Austin, TX, United States
Software QA Automation Engineer - Pluck
A key pillar of Demand Media, Pluck is an award-winning (e.g. Forrester 5 star rated) integrated community platform. Pluck (http://www.pluck.com) is the world's first Social Application Server and offers the only white-label social media platform broad enough to power communities for â€œtop 20â€ brands, retailers, and publishers. Through native reviews, ratings, comments, photos, videos, gamification, and moderation capabilities, plus SDKs in 6 languages, we make possible unique and mission-critical implementations for businesses like Target, Nike, the NFL, AARP, Mattel, Nestle, Kraft, Whole Foodsâ€¦ and the list goes on and on.
We work in a lighthearted, collaborative environment that is diverse, open-minded, â€œintrapreneurialâ€, and agile. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. Plus, you'll get to work in the lovely SoCo neighborhood of Austin, at our offices in the former Austin Opera House, Willie Nelson's old music venue. (Yes, we still have the stage.) Lunch at Threadgill's, Doc's Motorworks, Home Slice, or any of a dozen funky food trailers could be a daily event for you. We're looking for a detail oriented Quality Assurance Engineer to join the team and help us continue to provide high quality software to our customers.
This opportunity is for a go getter that wants to be a key stake holder and have influence on how the product is built. If candidates prove themselves and do well in this role, there are opportunities to grow into other divisions within the company or within this individual department. The Pluck QA team is highly collaborative and is looking for someone who can take a new feature and create the test plans, run manual testing, and also build out the automation tests necessary to ensure the key requirements are always met going forward.
The Software QA Engineer reports directly to the QA Manager.
- Review new feature requirements for various applications and tools within Pluck and provide feedback
- Write/Execute test plans in a collaborative team environment (working on existing test plans, as well as creating new ones)
- Review, diagnose, and provide details regarding failures/issues found in system
- Communicate progress/issues effectively with product team (composed of development, product management and QA team)
- Create/maintain automated tests with the collaborative automation team using Webdriver 2.0 in Python with the PySaunter framework.
- Maintain and improve upon the existing automation framework as needed
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- 5+ years manual testing experience
- 1+ years automation testing experience
- Experience with Selenium a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
- Preferable to have comfortable knowledge of web technologies, including: HTTP, CSS, JS, HTML, XML, JSON
- Experience with web testing tools such as Firebug and Fiddler (other web testing tools accepted)
- Technical degree preferred but not required
<< Back to Current Openings
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED