Software Quality Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Software Quality Engineer
Enterprise Information Systems | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
The Enterprise Information Systems team is a small group of overachievers servicing a large company of rocket scientists. Both the team and company have a startup vibe to them. We pride ourselves on rising to the many challenges and executing flawlessly. We invest in the latest testing innovations, and focus heavily on automation. We have a strong, people-oriented, manager who will invest in you and value your contributions.
We encourage our team to be entrepreneurial and drive innovation into our processes and software products. We work in small teams that will give you opportunities for high impact and visibility. You will have many opportunities to grow and develop your career.
- Design and implement automated test strategies
- Design, implement and maintain automated tests and infrastructure
- Be a key contributor to solving unique issues of quality assurance
- A go-to expert for all things related to automated tests
- Conduct design and code reviews with developers
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle and quality assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, enjoys challenges, excellent team work
- Can work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years programming in C# or Java
- 5+ years writing automated tests (unit, integration and UI)
- Intermediate+ ability to read and write T-SQL
- Experience with ASP.NET Webforms and MVC, Entity Framework, MSSQL
- Experience with WatiN/Selenium, Visual Studio, TFS
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience working with ERP or manufacturing systems
- BS in Computer Science or related degree
- A great sense of humor
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED