Software Quality / Implementation Specialist HIT Application Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Entry-level position with split duties primarily focused on QA with secondary duties as a member of the Product Implementation team. As a QA resource will be working as part of a team developing, modifying, and executing software test plans in order to identify software issues and their causes. This team will work closely with our development organization to identify quality objectives, issues, and areas of focus. Secondary duties include working as part of the product implementation team to assist the Project Manager, Implementation Consultant, and Implementation Programmer wherever needed.
- Assist with designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Assist with developing testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Help to monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Assist in planning test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Assist with creation of software documentation
- Work with implementation team during entire life cycle of project, assisting with tasks including but not limited to:
- Configuring servers
- setup/manage connectivity
- configuring required software including third-party
- providing detailed status information
- assisting team with build issues
- managing programming related issues
- Provide information on required tasks and procedures
- Assist with support responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and skills required in order to effectively perform the job
- Familiarity with computer software, including applications and programming concepts.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Team Work - ability to work as a critical member of a project team and provide valued input.
- Desire to Learn - This position requires a desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Multi-Tasking - ability to perform QA functions within the development organization as well as perform implementation duties.
Education and Experience Desired
- Degree in Computer and Information Sciences, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Software Engineering preferred but not required
- Experience with the following technologies preferred but not required:
- Quality Assurance Concepts and Techniques
- Computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Software management, test management, performance management, requirements management, and defect management systems
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED