Software Revenue Recognition Manager - Cupertino or San Francisco Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for a motivated Software Revenue Recognition Manager to join its revenue accounting team. The position will be responsible for reviewing revenue transactions and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles. This will be an individual contributor position.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Work with Sales, Sales Operations and Legal during contract negotiations and provide suggestions and assistance in order to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Review revenue related contracts and apply the revenue recognition guidelines, SAB 104, EITF 08-1 and document the assessment in contract memorandums
- Assist with the Company's monthly close and reporting process including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation of revenue accounts
- Assist with the quarterly and annual audits; including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility
- Assist with SOX implementation and testing by designing and implementing process and controls to ensure SOX compliance; work with internal and external audit requests related to areas of responsibilities.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to increase efficiencies in the order to cash to revenue recognition process and to strengthen the company's control environment. This includes significant involvement in IT projects to automate processes.
- Work with teams within the Controller's organization as well as cross-functionally with FP&A, IT, Operations
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of SOP 97-2 (ASC 985-605) revenue experience
- Strong technical knowledge of SOP 97-2, EITF 00-21 (ASC605-25), and EITF 08-1 (ASU 2009-13) principles is essential
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative
- Very strong written and verbal communication skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with new and existing executives across functions
- Experience with financial systems, Netsuite, is a plus
Education: Got it!
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and Big Four experience is a plus
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED