Software Support Engineer-Japan Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software*s Professional Services team needs a Post Integration Support Engineer (JAVA) for our Tokyo, Japan office. Once we have implemented a software solution for our insurance carrier customers, we need an expert to be our first line of contact for troubleshooting, diagnosis, and escalation of customer issues. We have an unmatched customer satisfaction rating of 100% which is an achievement that we are the most proud of and one that every Guidewire employee strives to maintain. As part of a team, the Post Integration Support Engineer (JAVA) will perform JAVA development approximately 80% of their time, and collaborate with engineers on the team and at the client to resolve technical issues. Each engineer is responsible for mastering at least three functional or technical areas of the products they support, along with substantial competence in the remaining areas of these products.
- Attending internal meetings, reading internal materials, and making periodic presentations to the team on new or existing areas of product mastery.
Mentoring new engineers completing certification training.
- Managing responses to issues as well as regular communications with customer accounts to help avoid production issues, prepare for system updates, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Providing ongoing support to Guidewire implementation services consultants and partners working at customer sites.
- Collaborating within the customer support team and with product development, QA, and professional services to resolve problems, optimize processes, and provide product feedback.
- Ultimately responsible for a small number of customer accounts, establishing regular communication and reporting on outstanding issues. The ideal engineer should be comfortable visiting customer sites, presenting support-related presentations, and interacting with customer staff at all levels.
This role serves as the point person representing Guidewire Software to our customer. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise and customer facing skills.
- Experience with object oriented programming (OOP/OOD)
- Experience with Java, JSP, Ant, MQSeries, Oracle, AIX, XML, and Websphere
- Successful track record of implementing or supporting complex integration code in a customer environment (CRM, FINS, ERP)
- Experience with and understanding of web/J2EE architecture (development, troubleshooting, expert) Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage client relationships and provide ongoing support for technical projects
- Experience developing technical specifications and then implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software Ability to work with services integration consultants to review technical designs and participate in code reviews
- Background as a Systems Consultant at a Big 5 consulting firm or equivalent
- Prior Business Process and configuration experience with configurable software such as PeopleSoft, Siebel, or SAP n-tier web architected solutions
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project
- Previous implementation experience in at least two full life-cycle implementations
- Experience with Tomcat, Web Logic, SQL Server, and Windows 2003 Server
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is public company trading on the NYSE under symbol: GWRE.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services