System Software Test Engineer
Tesla is looking to hire a world-class system software test engineer for the team testing the user-facing displays for Model S and future-generation electric vehicles.
Road & Track Magazine writes, â€œUnsurprisingly, the enormous 17-inch touch screen in the center console is the Tesla's centerpiece. It's gorgeous and works well. The Google Maps display is huge and breathtakingly high-resolution... The basic hardware-the capacitive touch screen-is brilliant: clear, bright, and as responsive as an Apple iPad, replete with pinch-to-zoom gestures.â€
The ideal candidate has a passion for testing and making sure software is perfect. Scripting skills and the experience to drive white/gray-box testing strategies, plans, and execution are essential.
We are seeking expertise in embedded Linux, storage management, USB, audio/DSP, Bluetooth, power management, Wi-Fi/networking, and/or multimedia. Proficiency in scripting tools like bash, python, and/or perl is a must.
Crafting test designs and executing test plans for complex, non-deterministic system software. Develops test scripts to simulate vehicle behavior to provide functional coverage of in-car applications. Perform manual testing and craft automated script-based tests. Works closely with software and hardware engineers to identify and fix problems. Reads through code, configuration files, and scripts as needed to help debug and reproduce bugs Analyze and benchmark system and application performance. Use performance and debugging tools such as: gdb, top, perfHUD
- â€¨Experience with developing products on Embedded Linux
- â€¨Familiarity and proficiency with Linux and standard Linux tools such as bash, ssh, gdb, top, etc.
- â€¨Strong skills with Bash scripting
- â€¨Experience testing system software and interfaces to peripherals
- â€¨Excellent judgment about the boundaries and symptoms of software vs. hardware problems
- â€¨Familiarity and experience with flash memory file systems
- â€¨Networking expertise and familiarity with: 3G connectivity, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- â€¨Ability to develop and debug C++ code
- â€¨Experience testing user-facing applications
- â€¨Experience with high performance graphics/OpenGL software
- â€¨Strong verbal and written communication skills
|Location:||Deer Creek, OK |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|