Solution Architect / Pre-Sales Engineer - Northern California Apigee
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Apigee is seeking Solution Architects / Pre-Sales Engineers for its Sales Engineering team. The Solution Architect / Pre-sales Engineer will play a critical role in establishing credibility and confidence with Apigee?s prospective clients, by demonstrating and proving Apigee?s value through its products, services, and thought leadership. This person will work closely with prospective customers, leveraging his/her technical aptitude and drive to envision, determine and communicate how Apigee can best serve its customers' unique needs.
The Solution Architect / Pre-Sales Engineer on the Apigee Sales Engineering team will:
- Develop a strong working relationship with the customer?s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through his/her deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Manage and lead the customer throughout the evaluation process and ensure a deal?s technical close
- Work closely with the Account Executive to align the technical requirements and the solution design with the customers? business drivers and demonstrate unique value
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations tailored to customers? requirements and tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience
- Develop Proofs of Concept with a clear plan to take a prospect successfully through the evaluation process and turn them into a happy customer
- Coordinate and deliver RFP/I/Q responses and technical architecture solutions
Think you might be our next Solution Architect / Pre-Sales Engineer in the Sales Engineering team? You bring to the table...
- Pre-Sales experience (Highly Preferred but not mandatory) with the necessary communication and technical skills to connect with and establish trust & credibility with prospective customers
- Hands-on familiarity with middleware, web services technologies, and security standards (oAuth, SAML)
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies such as Apache Cassandra and AWS, and Mobile App development including Android and iOS SDKs
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) independently and effectively
- The ability to lead architecture discussions around deployment topologies, scaling & performance & sizing
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Experience with customer-facing activities, influencing key decision makers
- The ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours with prospects in different geographies & time zones, and with a distributed team
The Apigee Sales Engineering Team
The Apigee Sales Engineering team is the technical arm of the Sales organization. Our focus is to help prospects understand the Apigee Product stack, and how Apigee can help them excel by solving current or future needs. Our team develops and maintains product demonstrations and collateral to support sales strategies. The SE team assumes a critical role in the sales process and creates immense value through its active participation and support throughout the sales cycle. The team also facilitates account transition from Pre-Sales to solution implementation through effective communication of customer?s business needs and requirements, to ensure that customer expectations are communicated, understood and met, ultimately resulting in customer delight.
About Apigee, The API Company
Apps are changing the way we live, and APIs are the secret ingredient that makes apps work. Apigee gives businesses and developers everything they need to be successful in the app economy. Hundreds of companies including AT&T, eBay, Pearson, Gilt Groupe, and Walgreens use Apigee to reach new customers and drive innovation through APIs.
Apigee's API Platform enables businesses and developers to deliver well designed, scalable APIs and apps, drive developer adoption, and extract business value from their API ecosystem.
About Apigee People
Apigee hires smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We?re passionate. We love APIs, we love our customers, and we love application developers. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers and everyone we do business with.
||Palo Alto, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED