Solution Consultant, Consulting Enablement Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Our Consulting Enablement Solution Consultants are consultants to our consultants. They provide troubleshooting, diagnosis, and escalation of Guidewire implementation related issues for our Services Consultants and for our Partners. They perform detailed analysis on project issues to determine causes and appropriate solutions.
Guidewire Software exclusively serves the P&C insurance industry. We build and implement the core systems on which insurance carriers run their businesses. Unlike the legacy systems they are designed to replace, Guidewire applications support the workflow, collaboration with external partners, and rule-based decision-making that characterize modern underwriting and claims operations.
Guidewire applications also:
We are especially proud of our upgradeable and extremely flexible technology, and our unmatched level of customer success. Guidewire Software's Professional Services consultants work on-site in partnership with our customers to achieve successful implementations, while our Silicon Valley-based engineering team handles all product development.
- Support personal, commercial, and workers compensation product lines
- Share a 100% web-based, Java technology platform
- Are optimized for scalability and integration
To solidify our successful implementation track record, we developed the Consulting Enablement role to act as the liaison between Professional Services, QA, and Development during our implementations. Our Solution Consultants in Consulting Enablement provide troubleshooting, diagnosis, and escalation of Guidewire implementation related issues for our Services Consultants and for our Partners. They perform detailed analysis on project issues to determine causes and appropriate solutions. They have substantial depth of experience in integrations and have demonstrated abilities in successfully resolving challenging situations. They provide general assistance to their peers in the field in all areas and are looked upon as being experts on Guidewire products.
In this role, the Solution Consultants in Consulting Enablement is expected to work from the Guidewire Ireland office, with some travel to the Guidewire home office and possibly some travel to EMEA based projects. Solution Consultants may be assigned responsibility for establishing regular communication and reporting on outstanding issues. Solution Consultants must be comfortable working with any number of internal teams such as our field consultants, our development team, and our Partners presenting Consulting Enablement-related presentations, and interacting with Guidewire staff at all levels. The successful Solution Consultant is expected to work closely with our implementation teams while making sure that our product management and engineering staff is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise and strong collaboration skills.
- Provide expertise to Guidewire consultants and partners working at customer sites;
- Manage responses to help avoid project development issues, prepare for system updates, and ensure the project's success;
- Collaborate within the Consulting Enablement team, Project Enablement Team, customer support team, with product development, QA, and professional services to resolve problems, optimize processes, and provide product feedback;
- Solution Consultants in Consulting Enablement are responsible for developing mastery of at least two functional or technical areas of the products they support, along with substantial competence in the remaining areas of these products.
Required Skills & Experience:
Desired Skills & Experience
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- 3-4 years' work experience in a development and analyst role.
- Accomplished multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software
- Ability to work with services consultants to review technical designs and participate in code reviews
- Experience with and understanding of web/J2EE architecture
- Fast learner that can think out of the box and come up with creative solutions
All applicants must be eligible to work without sponsorship in Ireland and provide evidence of work authorization.
- Prior Business Process and configuration experience with configurable software such as PeopleSoft, Siebel, or SAP n-tier web architected solutions
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project
- Previous implementation experience in at least two full life-cycle implementations
- Experience with Tomcat, Web Logic, Websphere, and Windows 2003 Server
- Experience with Java, Ant, Oracle, and SQL Server
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services