Solution Consultant (Java Developer) - Dublin Guidewire Software
The applications we build are large and extraordinarily complex, and support the needs of customers across the diverse property and casualty insurance market. We are looking for thoughtful, creative, and skilled developers who would enjoy working with an impressive set of peers to extend our applications to support those business needs. We particularly value clear, logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well in a team.
Guidewire applications also:
- Support personal, commercial, and workers compensation product lines
- Share a 100% web-based, Java technology platform
- Are optimized for scalability and integration
We are growing our development center in the Dublin area to extend our core applications to accelerate the development of critical new product functionality to our customers. As a Solution Consultant, you will be delivering application configuration and integration programs utilizing following Guidewire best practices in integrating our products with external applications to support our customers globally.
- Ability to work in the Dublin area with occasional travel to the US specifically to our headquarters in San Mateo, California, US
- Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting and become certified
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Configure Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using Guidewire Studio
- Develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML
- Execute configuration/integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development
The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and communication skills.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Minimal work experience â€" entry level is acceptable; 2-3 years preferred
- Interest and willingness to explore consulting career
Guidewire has been chosen by more than 95 general insurance carriers of all size and lines of business as a trusted software vendor. We believe it is due to our modern architecture as the first comprehensive, integrated platform for insurance operations built on state-of-the-art technology. There is also our product quality; each of our products goes through 26,000 unit tests each time an engineer makes a change. We look for bugs so our customers don't have to.
Guidewire has been the leader in claims systems in North America since 2003, with more selections than any competitor among carriers of any size. Guidewire's team includes executive and professionals with deep experience in both insurance and technology at companies including The Hartford, AIG, GEICO, McKinsey, Oracle, Seibel, Motorola, Ariba and d Kana. Guidewire was founded to meet the needs of the P&C insurance industry. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, in addition to a geographically dispersed team of sales and services staff. Guidewire is publicly traded on the NYSE EURONEXT under the sign GWRE.
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services